Know what to expect – here's an overview of the process of applying for a position at Genzyme:
Search for positions using our online job tool, which allows you to save your searches and multiple job listings until you decide what to apply for. You're welcome to apply for multiple positions.
Complete your application(s) entirely online through the job tool; there is no need to send hard copies. You can enter (or copy and paste) the text of your resume and cover letter, as well as attach files of them or other materials.
Your application will go directly to the Genzyme recruiter responsible for the position(s) you've applied for, but will also be available to other recruiters for consideration for other relevant opportunities.
You'll get an email confirming your application was received. You can also check its status at any time by logging back in to the online job tool.
If you're a good match for an open position, a Genzyme HR representative will contact you to discuss your qualifications further and schedule an interview.
You may interview with multiple people at Genzyme – not only the recruiter and your prospective manager, but potentially also peer colleagues or staff from other divisions that you might work with.
This general process also applies to our internship and co-op positions, although students who are hired will be employees of our temporary staffing partner, PrO Unlimited.
Learn more about opportunities for students
These tips can help you have a more successful interview:
- Research Genzyme and the biotech industry. This website provides a lot of information, but we encourage you to search more broadly to get a wider perspective about the company.
- Prepare questions; we recognize that Genzyme is a complex organization that's not always easy to understand on your own.
- Familiarize yourself with the job description and be ready to discuss how your background and skills can address the role's requirements. To view the description of the job you are interviewing for, please go to the Job Search page, enter the req number listed on your agenda into the "Job Number" field, click "Search for Jobs" and then select the job title.
- Think about how your longer-term career goals may fit into our organization. We're interested in candidates seeking a career, not just a job.
- If you've been asked to prepare a presentation, be sure to let your recruiter know in advance of any technical or A/V requirements.
- Dress in business attire unless you've been notified otherwise and make sure you have valid identification to show at the Genzyme reception desk.
- Plan to arrive at least 15-30 minutes earlier than your scheduled time, as many of our sites are large and require time to park and obtain building access.
Last Updated: 8/19/2015