Know what to expect – here's an overview of the process of applying for a position at Genzyme:
Search for positions using our online job tool, which allows you to save your searches and multiple job listings until you decide what to apply for. You're welcome to apply for multiple positions.
Complete your application(s) entirely online through the job tool; there is no need to send hard copies. You can enter (or copy and paste) the text of your resume and cover letter, as well as attach files of them or other materials.
Your application will go directly to the Genzyme recruiter responsible for the position(s) you've applied for, but will also be available to other recruiters for consideration for other relevant opportunities.
You'll get an email confirming your application was received. You can also check its status at any time by logging back in to the online job tool.
If you're a good match for an open position, a Genzyme HR representative will contact you to discuss your qualifications further and schedule an interview.
You may interview with multiple people at Genzyme – not only the recruiter and your prospective manager, but potentially also peer colleagues or staff from other divisions that you might work with.
This general process also applies to our internship and co-op positions, although students who are hired will be employees of our temporary staffing partner, PrO Unlimited.
Learn more about opportunities for students
These tips can help you have a more successful interview:
- Research Genzyme and the biotech industry. This website provides a lot of information, but we encourage you to search more broadly to get a wider perspective about the company.
- Prepare questions; we recognize that Genzyme is a complex organization that's not always easy to understand on your own.
- Familiarize yourself with the job description and be ready to discuss how your background and skills can address the role's requirements. To view the description of the job you are interviewing for, please go to the Job Search page, enter the req number listed on your agenda into the "Job Number" field, click "Search for Jobs" and then select the job title.
- Think about how your longer-term career goals may fit into our organization. We're interested in candidates seeking a career, not just a job.
- If you've been asked to prepare a presentation, be sure to let your recruiter know in advance of any technical or A/V requirements.
- Dress in business attire unless you've been notified otherwise and make sure you have valid identification to show at the Genzyme reception desk.
- Plan to arrive at least 15-30 minutes earlier than your scheduled time, as many of our sites are large and require time to park and obtain building access.
If you're having problems using Genzyme's online job tool, the information below may help. If not, feel free to contact us.
Start by checking that you're using a supported browser in the appropriate operating system:
Also Tested and Supported
- Internet Explorer 6.0 on Windows XP and 2000
- Firefox 3.0 on all versions of Windows
- Opera 9.0 on Windows Vista and XP
- Safari 3.x and Firefox 3.0 on a Macintosh
- Go to the Tools menu and select "Internet Options."
- On the Security tab, make sure Internet is selected and then click the "Custom Level" button.
- Scroll down to the Scripting section, and under Active Scripting select "Enable."
- Click "OK" and then "OK" again to exit the boxes.
Some of the job tool's features may also require that cookies are enabled, so if you're still experiencing difficulties you should check your cookie settings. Certain browser add-ons (such as pop-up blockers, special toolbars, etc.) and other software such as firewalls may also interfere with the job tool's functioning, so you can also try temporarily disabling those while you complete your job application.
The job tool allows you to attach files of additional materials you'd like to submit, such as resumes, references, transcripts, and work samples. You can attach up to five files at a time with your application.
However, no single file may exceed 500 KB in size. Please check your file sizes very carefully. Attaching larger files may prevent your application from being submitted successfully. For cover letters and resumes, we strongly recommend you enter (or copy and paste) text into the designated fields instead of attaching files.
Last Updated: 3/29/2013