Genzyme's employees are our greatest asset. Their talents, passion, and determination are the reasons behind our ongoing success. So we're committed to rewarding their contributions with competitive salaries and bonus opportunities based on individual and company performance.
Financial compensation is only one part of the picture. We also provide a comprehensive benefits package aimed at improving the financial, physical, and personal health and wellbeing of our employees and their families. Benefits include:
- Health care coverage, including medical, prescription drug, vision, dental, and wellness resources
- Life and disability insurance
- Retirement and other financial plans, including a 401(k) and savings plans for college tuition
- Generous paid time off
- Work and life assistance benefits
We extend our benefits to all Genzyme employees in the U.S. who are regularly scheduled to work at least 18.75 hours per week.
Please note that the benefits described here apply to Genzyme's U.S. employees only. Elsewhere in the world we offer compensation packages that are highly competitive in their local markets. To find out more, contact Genzyme in your region.
As a health care company, providing high-quality, reliable coverage to our employees is a top priority. For medical care, we offer employees a nationally recognized plan, offering in- and out-of-network coverage for doctor and hospital visits as well as a comprehensive prescription drug plan. Our vision plan provides benefits for routine eye exams and necessary eyewear and our dental plan provides both preventive care and treatment. All health coverage can be extended to spouses, domestic partners, and children up to age 26.
In addition to medical coverage, Genzyme provides a variety of programs and resources to help employees and their families live a healthier lifestyle. These range from discounts at fitness clubs and weight management programs to on-site and online programs focused on issues such as stress, nutrition, work-life balance, and more.
Income protection is a critical counterpart to salary, so Genzyme provides eligible employees with company-paid life and short- and long-term disability insurance. Employees may also supplement this coverage with additional insurance purchased at special rates.
We offer a variety of benefits to support employees' long-term financial planning:
- A 401(k) retirement plan, which includes a generous company match
- Access to a tax-advantaged 529 plan to save for children's college educations
Employees also have access to a financial advisory service and educational resources to help them with their retirement planning. And we provide shorter-term savings plans, such as Flexible Spending Accounts (FSAs) that help employees save money each year on eligible out-of-pocket health expenses and dependent care.
Genzyme believes work-life balance is crucial to maintaining employee satisfaction and performance. We offer generous paid time off, which for full-time employees includes:
- Vacation time, starting at 3 weeks per year and increasing with various tenure milestones
- 3 personal days (pro-rated for new hires and part-time)
- 5 sick days for employee illness (pro-rated for part-time)
- 14 fixed and floating holidays (varies for some functions)
- Generous child care leave benefits for new parents (through birth or adoption)
Our employees also benefit from resources developed to assist them with a variety of work and life issues:
- Tuition reimbursement for job-related educational expenses
- Educational counseling and support for school-aged children
- Back-up dependent care when regular plans fall through
- Adoption assistance program providing employees with financial help for the legal adoption of a child
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- Discount programs for auto and home insurance and financial products
- An Employee Assistance Program for confidential help on a variety of personal matters
Last Updated: 6/4/2014